Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
katniel
My Device: Torch 9800

Cannot Charge

We have had a playbook since last Christmas, (2011), and have been unable to use it since April or so.  The battery fully died, and no matter how long it is plugged in, it will not charge and the red/yellow light on top will not turn on.  I have taken it to numerous computer repair shops and to Bell, and they all tell me it is garbage, just trash it.  I am SUPER frustrated now.......  Any help from anyone?!  Please!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Cannot Charge

Christmas 2011 to April > 4 months only? Did you take it back to the store from where you purchased it? Don't you have any warranty for the device?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katniel

Hi Tanzim,
No, there is no warranty they would honour as we got the playbook from our Visa points, so it did not come from a regular retailer. I didn't have a store to 'return' it to......
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

I'm sorry to say there is nothing can be done at this point.

I've couple of PB's around me and many of my friends are using it without any issue. If you take faulty device devices to the stores and if your remain under warranty then retailer replaces the device. You're a unlucky one with PB.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I would not say there is nothing which can be done. RIM has been very forthcoming to fix these issues with RMAd devices.

Call your PlayBook support number at www.blackberry.com/playbook or in Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405

Explain the issue just as you have here. Ask to have it returned for a faulty battery.

Now, all that said, I am almost certain it is revivable, even on your own...

Get the magnetic rapid charger from Amazaon, users have best results reviving them with this.

LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, press and hold the power button only for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

Other users have reported this reset their device and got it working.

1- Press the powerbutton for about 20 seconds
2- Charge PB for 2 minutes (use stopwatch)
3- Disconnect powercable for 8 seconds

You have to repeat step 2 and 3 total of 10 times. Then reboot by pressing power and + key for 22 seconds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katniel

Thanks for your reply JSanders, I will give it a try!!
Please use plain text.