Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Motor_Mouth
My Device: PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Virgin/Optus

Cannot Connect My PlayBook to My PC

I bought a 64Gb PlayBook a couple of weeks ago on eBay. For some reason it doesn't qualify for 90 days support so I am left to ask for help here. When I first installed the PC software and connected my PB it connected OK but after 10 minutes or so it just disappeared off my PC and since then it will not connect at all. The PB says it is connected to the PC but the PC application can't communicate with it, it doesn't show up as a mass storage device in Explorer and the PB also gives me a message that it is unable to charge through the cable. That prompted me to try a few different cables, which didn't work, either.

I tried restarting both the PC and PB but it still wouldn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the drivers and the software application several times and each time I get the same result - it works for a few minutes and then stops working forever. I tried the new BB10 Link software and it was exactly the same, which leads me to believe the problem is with the PlayBook PC drivers.

I am running the release version of Windows 8 64 bit on a Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook with a Core i7 CPU and 8Gb RAM. I have tried it on my mate's netbook running XP and I can connect and trasfer files without any problems.

If anyone can provide me with some help here, it woudl be greatly apprecaited.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Cannot Connect My PlayBook to My PC

I have XP and it works fine so I will just make a few suggestions regarding Win8. Others with the same OS have also reported problems. Check the Windows Update Site for any updates to Critical and Optional Files. Since it is a new system, there may be some files posted that may help you.
Also at the top of this page is a search box. Using broad search terms, check to see what others with Win8 may have posted.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Motor_Mouth
My Device: PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Virgin/Optus

Re: Cannot Connect My PlayBook to My PC

Yeah, I did a search on "Windows 8" and noticed lots of users with the same problem but the fix that worked for one person has not worked for me, as detailed in my original post.

My Windows 8 install is bang up to date, the problem is not with Windows it is with the BB drivers.

Please use plain text.