Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Cannot back-up Playbook using Desktop software for Mac

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
I have had my PlayBook for 17 months. No problems until yesterday when trying to do a backup to my PC. Did 3 attempts without luck. Same error message. Each time I got through just over 1/3 of the backup when it failed. Today I deleted the Desktop Software and reinstalled. Try another unsuccessful backup with the same error message as above.

Did you try a media only backup? I have never yet done a media, settings and app data backup without it failing, and without game scores, media only should suffice. 

My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

I usually do not back up the media, only application data and settings. This time I have tried All Files without success several times and then Application Data and Settings several times. This just started recently. In the previous OS, I did a full backup but when I did the restoration my Contacts and Calendar did not restore but everything else did.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Partial Success : I have been unable to backup all files, so I tried a backup to Application Data and Settings which also failed. I then tried to backup Settings only which was successful. I then tried a backup of Media only which was successful. However Application Data only would not backup. So there is something wrong with this file that is preventing a backup. I began deleting some apps and kept hoping it would back up but no luck. The apps I deleted were ones that seemed to have minor glitches whenever I used them.
Please use plain text.
marcarli
My Device: 32Gb Playbook
My Carrier: bell

I am having the same problem with my pc and windows laptop. They just will not connect properly to transfer files back and forth.

Mark
Please use plain text.