Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
wonder1-47100
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!
My Carrier: not cellular, just wi-fi - all I ever need!
Accepted Solution

Cannot change homescreen folder name

The HELP file says:

Rename a folder

Tap and hold the folder title to enter edit mode. Enter the new folder name.

Playbook 32 gb... what a neat machine! They did a beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful job on its design.

However, do you see the HELP FILE instruction above? Well...it doesn't work. I can "tap and hold" the folders I created on the homescreen (which contain more than one icon or app) all day long --- and all that happens is that the folder blinks. Some kind of edit box is supposed to pop up but it doesn't.

Baffled in Ontario.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonder1-47100
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!
My Carrier: not cellular, just wi-fi - all I ever need!

Re: Cannot change homescreen folder name

Hey, not that I'm a genius but I just solved my own problem that I posted.... :Sweatdrop:

It's like this, for anyone else who couldn't figure this out (the USER GUIDE must think we're all pretty smart... However, the USER GUIDE just doesn't go far enough to explain how to rename a folder.

PROCEDURE TO RENAME A FOLDER CONTAINING more than one APP (ICONS):

====================================================

1) TAP AND HOLD the folder until it starts  blinking.

2) WHILE IT IS BLINKING, TAP the folder and go inside it

3) Now you will see that the folder name sits on about a 1" (one inch) long, greyed tab. This looks just a little different than when you normally just TAP a folder and go inside to activate an app (you don't see this 1" greyed tab when you do this). 

4) PRESS FIRMLY THE NAME OF THE FOLDER THAT SITS ON THIS ONE-INCH LONG GREYED TAB (do not "TAP") FOR JUST A MOMENT ---- THEN TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE SCREEN.

5) VOILA! The edit box appears. Now rename the folder or cancel this action.

:Angel:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Cannot change homescreen folder name

Nice tip!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.