Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Gosseux43
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect with Desktop Software

Hi, 

Now, I am trying really hard to have faith in my Blackberry products. I must tell you, it's not easy. Last month, I ran into a lot of problems when backing up and updating my Torch (link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Password-manager-data-lost-during-update/m-p..., and this time, I have problems hooking 2 tablets to my Desktop software.

Here is now my problem:

The Desktop Softwre takes at least 4 minutes to connect to my tablet. Once it connects, I can't have access to the left side menu, where it says: "Files" and also the "Video" menu. When I click there, it says: “A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your blackberry device” Therefore, I cannot transfer any files and videos into my Playbooks.

Also, the computer doesn't recognize it as an additional drive/memory. So, I cannot drag and drop files/videos that way neither. I know I was able to do this the first day I got my playbooks as I did transfer a couple of videos that way.

These 2 playbooks are barely new - and both cannot be hooked with the BB Sofware, therefore, I think my problem may be with the software, not with the units. Please help me.

Thanks so much !! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gosseux43

Re: Cannot connect with Desktop Software

All right.... well, seems that this problem is only happening at home. I was able to link my 2 tablets properly today at the office.

My problem remains however, since I will be using (and linking) these tablets only at home, not at the office. Therefore, any help I can get through this forum, I would really appreciate it.

At least now, I know the problems don't seem to be from the tablets. Maybe a conflicting setup at my PC at home. (I find it awkward that it stills connects to my Torch, but not the Playbooks)

Thanks for all the help you can provide.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
charliepena
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: orange

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

1)Start Blackberry device manager first

2)Select your device and press explore

or

Connect your playbook to your local lan using wifi [best and easy way]  , there are so many app in app word that do that :smileyhappy:

hope it help.

MXZ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gosseux43

Turns out to be my WiFi. I don't know why, but I have to turn off WiFi on both of the tablets to be able to have it linked with my PC.

OK, I can live with that.

Thanks guys for your replies.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

use accept as solution button for help other user with same problem :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.