Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
skidoo800
My Device: Torch

Cannot hookup to desktop software, have 2.0, software say 1.0, wants to upgrade

I go to hook-up my playbook and the software says you need to update. I have 2.0 but the software says I have 1.0. Try to update but then runs into error and cannot finish. Wiped playbook and tried to go back to 1.0 and then hook-up but it does not allow you to do that. It makes you hook-up to the internet and download 2.0. I figured maybe if I could keep 1.0 then hook-up and upgrade through the software but will not allow you to do that. Any thoughts?

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Cannot hookup to desktop software, have 2.0, software say 1.0, wants to upgrade

What is your os on the computer. Are you using the most up to date desktop manager.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
skidoo800

Re: Cannot hookup to desktop software, have 2.0, software say 1.0, wants to upgrade

Running Windows 7, Desktop software version 7.0.0.43, says this is current version

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I found the best way to do the updates on the Playbook is to do them with a WiFi connection to the net. I found doing these through the PC using the Desktop Manager software occasionally had errors and would abort.

One thing I don't like with the Playbook is it will not allow me to do updates and install new software in to it using tetherning through the phone. I have a data plan for the phone and for web browsing using tether that can handle whatever I would want to do.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
sta_ve
My Device: Playbook

Have same problem...

Sent e-mail to bb support and get rereply that they need case opened for that (requested inc#).

Looks like a problem on SW....

It appeared right after Playbook was reset (I did it two times, just in case...)

Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook

What error code are you getting?

Someone resolved this once by checking and resetting the time zone and date on the PB.

New Contributor
sta_ve
My Device: Playbook

There is no error code.

Desktop SW shows v1.0 for the playbook.

In reality my PB has v2.0, latest bundle.

Because Desktop SW see it as V1.0 it always try update PB and do not let restore saved data.

New Contributor
skidoo800

Sta_ve is got the same problem. Tried everything I can think of and until we get it to show 2.0 you cannot restore or backup. A bit of a problem if you want to use to its potential. How we can figure something out.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

Mine works okay. I have the latest version of Desktop Manager and the PB is OS2. The computer is on Win7.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

Just to add a suggestion as a temporary solution until you can find the answer... 

Try to see if you can access the Playbook's folders by simply connecting it to the USB port and using Windows Explorer to get in to it. You can then back up the folders individually to your hard drive by copying them over. I don't think you will be able to do this with the system files. These are mainly part of the OS anways.

Did you call support for the Playbook?

Jerry G.

Jerry G.