Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lippy_sm2
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cannot play mp4 video

Hi, I set up my new 64gb and put an mp4 movie on which played no problem. Brilliant I thought until I put a few more on. They were on my video page but then suddenly would not play. I don't know if this was after I upgraded to 2.1.0.1032? i tried deleting them and reinstalling to no avail and now they wont even show on the video page although they do show up on file manager but when I try to open them either nothing happens or I get the following message, 'Media error This file isn't supported@. the strange thingis if I put exactly the same video on my BB9900 it plays perfectly. The PB will also play video I take with its own camera?

Cna anyone help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lippy_sm2

Re: Cannot play mp4 video

Hot of the press. I've just spoken to BB Support in a secret bunker somewhwere in Western Europeand there is an issue with mp4 playback and the new updated OS which they are frantically trying to fix. No idea when but they felt it would be a big fix as this is a major issue. Watch this space!!!

Please use plain text.
alfie8547
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Download local media player from the application and it will access and play all your mp4 files from the playbook. My playbook was fine until I downloaded the new software.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

lippy_sm2 wrote:

Hi, I set up my new 64gb and put an mp4 movie on which played no problem. Brilliant I thought until I put a few more on. They were on my video page but then suddenly would not play. I don't know if this was after I upgraded to 2.1.0.1032? i tried deleting them and reinstalling to no avail and now they wont even show on the video page although they do show up on file manager but when I try to open them either nothing happens or I get the following message, 'Media error This file isn't supported@. the strange thingis if I put exactly the same video on my BB9900 it plays perfectly. The PB will also play video I take with its own camera?

Cna anyone help?

try restarting your playbook

what codec is being used on your MP4?

if you take a video will it play back?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lippy_sm2

Folks,

FYI

I've had no luck with the mp4 format but changed to WMV and all is well in the world. Plays them fine and this eemed to be the easiest solution.

DVD Fab 8 used to rip and convert.

Lippy

Please use plain text.