Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
LuckyBoy
My Device: Playbook 64Gb

Re: Cannot sign into Linkedin account under settings after account mysteriously disappears

I believe every owner has the same problem. Mine is 6 months old and this was the feature that attracted me towards Playbook. I can get the same functionality in our CRM but it is very convenient to have it playbook as it is instantaneous.

Blackberry turning a deaf ear is very irresponsible of them.,. very unprofessional and unethical.

Maybe I can take mine to PC World and get something else as it is only six months old. However, I sincerely hope that common sense prevails and Blackberry takes ownership of the problem and resolve it sooner rather than later.

New Contributor
jinx1591
My Device: 9850

Re: Cannot sign into Linkedin account under settings after account mysteriously disappears

I seen your post and since I still have the 90day support I contacted blackberry it seem this is a Linkedin issue with a change to their sever. This problem was also seen with the Outlook social connector so I hope it does get fix because it will float over to BB10 soon

BBM:
PLAYBOOK:
New Contributor
Financewizard
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Thanks Jinx. Please continue to post as you find out more. Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor
SGoodman
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I recently purchased a PlayBook, partially because it came with 90 days of complementary technical support. When I went to register, however, I got an error message saying "Unfortunately, your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet does not qualify for Complimentary Support. You can, however get assistance using incident based support from Research In Motion."

I started a discussion in the Linkedin Forum, but so far people have just been telling me to search the Internet.

Shane.

Z10 (version 10.2.1.3442)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
New Contributor
LuckyBoy
My Device: Playbook 64Gb

jinx1591 wrote:

I seen your post and since I still have the 90day support I contacted blackberry it seem this is a Linkedin issue with a change to their sever. This problem was also seen with the Outlook social connector so I hope it does get fix because it will float over to BB10 soon

I somehow think Blackberry is not coming clean. Maybe they fired the team that supported the playbooy; not unheard of if bean counters (accountants) are running the show.

That Add Account --> Linkedin is pointing to a shortcut to a webpage. Maybe, Blackberry set it up with IP addresses. If they could tell us where and hbow to change that info, maybe we can restore this functionality,

My 3p worth

New Contributor
jinx1591
My Device: 9850

I need someone to check and see have this problem hop over to the Z10 and Q10 and this will give us a idea if blackberry or Linkedin will fix it.

BBM:
PLAYBOOK:
M_Lavallee
My Device: Playbook

Cannot sign into Linkedin account under setting account

Same problem. Got a replacement Playbook (new), the old one displayed a permanent black line.

Set the new PlayBook but cannot sign into Linkedin account under settings a new account.

I submitted a service ticket by Email under my 90 days direct service. 

Trusted Contributor
SGoodman
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Cannot sign into Linkedin account under setting account

Linkedin just updated to version 2.3.0.25 on my Style 9670. It's too bad they can't get it working for the PlayBook.

Shane.

Z10 (version 10.2.1.3442)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

It needs a playbook OS update, same as we will soon need a new flash. Lets just hope Blackberry can find tne money to update us.  it has been five montbs since the last one so fingers crossed. Playbook is too good to. Die.

Sarah.
New Contributor
mlavallee
My Device: PlayBook 32GB v2.1.0.152613

Sarah, Too bad for US

NO BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook - Thorsten Heins LIE... - BlackBerry ...

supportforums.blackberry.com/.../BlackBerry-PlayBook... 
As of June 28, 2013, at the quarterly conference call, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins announced that BlackBerry 10 would NOT be coming to the PlayBook

:No: