Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Caree
My Device: Playbook

CardDAV Support for Playbook

I have OS version 2.1.0.1088 on my Playbook.

I am trying to connect to a Baikal WebDAV (CardDAV) server v. 0.2.4, which uses SabreDAV version 1.8.0-stable.

I can connect without issue to the CardDAV server using Android and Windows clients, but I can't with the Playbook.  It finds the server certificate and asks me to accept, then gives the error "...failed testing with current settings".  Which seems to be the general generic error message for a connection failure for any type of new account.

I searched online, it seems many people complain about not being able to get CardDAV to work on the Playbook in reference to many different CardDAV servers. 

Is CardDAV simply broken on the Playbook, or is there some trick to getting it to work with a SabreDAV server?

Thank you for replies.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: CardDAV Support for Playbook

I have no answer.

maybe those two articles from the public knowledge base will help you.

KB29354 Unable to setup Calendar and or Contacts for a rogers.com account or btinternet.com account on the BlackBerry PlayBook

KB32048 When Integrating Hotmail or Windows Live through Simple Integration on the BlackBerry PlayBook the following appears "Account Hotmail - <username>@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: