Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mlpickett
My Device: PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: Verizon

Change Blackberry ID without a security wipe

During an update, I apparently entered the wrong Blackberry ID.  Now I cannot access my photos, videos or apps.  How can I change the BBID on the playbook to the correct one?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Change Blackberry ID without a security wipe

[ Edited ]

Hello mlpickett,

A security wipe must be performed to change the BlackBerry® ID on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. The following article will provide you with more details:

How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet or BlackBerry Smartphone using BlackBerry Device Software 7 - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Change Blackberry ID without a security wipe

If you had previously done a backup to the PlayBook files onto your computer, you will have to do a Security Wipe with your new, incorrect BBID. Then you would have to start from scratch in setting up your PlayBook again and when asked for a BBID, enter the original BBID. Once you are setup and running again, you can restore your original Backup.
However if you never did an original Backup, your files are gone, unrecoverable. Whenever you change your BBID, a Security Wipe is done. This is part of BlackBerry Security. If by chance someone stole your PlayBook and entered another BBID into it, your data will be erased, something I love. Also if by chance your PlayBook was stolen, the rightful owner can contact RIM with the PIN, who can locate it, disable it and maybe even wipe it, another thing I love.
Please use plain text.