Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Change password

John, if you have entered your password now 20 times, and it does not recognize the password and it has not wiped the PlayBook after the tenth wrong try, then you have greater problems.

Follow the device above and reload the OS to the PlayBook.

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
john1949
My Device: playbook

when i 1st got it i set up my emails cornected it to the phone and then changed the password used it for a bit then turnd it off and thats it  cant get passt password now . it mad

Contributor
john1949

i cant get into it to reload

Contributor
john1949

just need to get into it

Contributor
john1949

Not at first only when I still coolant get in but it still the same

Contributor
john1949

Is no alt Got password written down still no good

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

john1949 wrote:

yes i did i have dun it about  20 times now and that is all i can get

It will not allow more than 10 times.  You sure it's a Playbook?

My Device: Two PB's

john1949 wrote:

i cant get into it to reload

Read  JSaunders instructions again. You don't need to get into it to reload the OS. 

Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

john1949 wrote:

when i 1st got it i set up my emails cornected it to the phone and then changed the password used it for a bit then turnd it off and thats it  cant get passt password now . it mad

JOHN!

stop a minute and please be perfectly clear about whether is is a phone, what kind or model or if it is a PlayBook, iPad or what?

When you post 5x in a row with "snips" of information, it becomes impossible to follow what you're doing.

What is this thing you're entering a password into?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
john1949

I am sorry for the confusion just getting desperate  IT is a ipad  and I corrected it to  to my blackberry phone  and the computer  and all that went fine and when I put the new password in it seed that was fine i had a look at my emails no problem i had to do something so i turned it off then went back to it a bit later on that's when the problem started i had the regional password so i try that and was the same   . What it says is [ INCORRET  PASSWORD ]  I GOT THE IPAD FROM MY SUNINLAW  SO HE GAVE ME HIS PASSWORD BUT WANTED ME TO CHANGE IT . AND THATS HOW IT COME ABOUT       THANK YOU FOR TACKING THE TIME TO HELPE