Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook OS Version: 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: Century Link
Accepted Solution

Changing my Blackberry username

Hello,

I'm in a situation that I want to change my username in my Blackberry ID account in the editing box.   However, it won't accept my new and current email address which is the one I want to use for the username.  I'm not sure who to contact about this problem.  There is a number listed in the contact us page, which is 519-888-7465.  Is this number toll free?  I live in the United States. 

Thank you! 

Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Re: Changing my Blackberry username

You can read below

KB28060 - How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

KB32514 - How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry smartphone

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Regular Contributor

My situation is that I use to have another PlayBook and it was registered to my other email address.  So when I got this new PlayBook,  I can't get it registered to my new email address.   I  already tried to re-register my PlayBook that I own now to my other email address and I get a notice indicating that my username has already been taken.  Therefore I am stuck with the former email address, and I would like to change from my former email address to my new  email address for my PlayBook ID.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

You can use your existing BBID on both Playbooks.  That way you can use the purchased apps on the new one.

But you can't change it. You need to do a Security Wipe on the new playbook , and when it comes back with the setup you can EITHER use your existing BBID OR create a new one and Register it on the spot. 

You should be able to use any email address that has not already been used by someone as a BBID to create a new BBID .  

You can create an email address just for that purpose if you want - just write it down somewhere safe together with the password. You will not have access to purchased apps you bought on the old BBID if you use a fresh one.

(Security wipe will delete all your photos, documents videos etc. )

The other Playbook I returned to the store  was defective and so I got a new one.  I didn't do a security swipe on the Playbook I returned.  Apparently it still has my  former email address and therefore, I have to use it for my new  Playbook ID.   All I want to do is change my username(email address) to my new Playbook ID.   It won't accept my new email address, so I have to keep the old one which was in the other Playbook that I returned to the store.  Therefore, I have to keep the former username(email address) in my new Playbook, I presume?  

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I thought I had explained. 

Just tell us is your new playbook set up and working, or does it refuse to be set up.

Then someone else can help you

You did. I decided to keep things as they are. The Playbook is working fine.