Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
doggiecookie
My Carrier: Telus

Charging Playbook

Does anyone know what to do when the inside of the plug itself (on the tablet) snaps right off?  I went and got new cords thinking that was the problem, but the actual little thingie snapped right off.  HELP PLEASE - can't use the tablet because of course now I can't charge it :-(.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Carrier: none at present

Re: Charging Playbook

Your only options now are either to get the mini usb port changed, which could be costly or invest in a desktop rapid charger which utilizes a magnet and the three prong plug on the bottom of the PB..can be purchased at Amazon for about $40

Gene
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
doggiecookie

Thanks for your help.............I was hoping someone would know what to do and thank you for input.  I'll head over the Best Buy tomorrow and see if they have one - the Staples may have one also :-).

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Carrier: none

You can also copy files using Wifi file sharing.

What you cannot now do is Sync media, do "automatic" backups, or "debrick" the Playbook, all of which you can live with unless you ever brick it, which is rare.

Purchase the Rapid Charger that has a connection cord. The 'cradle' rapid charger is nice, an unique, however if you have your PB in a case (mine is in the Mini Keybourd case and hard to get out) you will need to connect the charger to the 3 pin socket to the right of the USB socket. Does the USB still connect your PB to your desktop computer?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Carrier: none

Unlikely to connect with central part which is the actual plug snapped off

I went online to Amazon and have ordered the rapid charger with the 3 prong plug.........any way that is what I hoped I ordered - of course the photos does not show the inside of the plug.  I'm praying that it will be able to charge my Playbook because otherwise I'm hooped.  Makes me mad that Blackberry would not help when I called - just told me I needed new charger cords, and to go out and pay $89. for them here in BC at Walmart.  I got the new cords but of course that doesn't help when the INSIDE of the Tablet itself snapped off.  I think this will be the LAST Blackberry product I'll ever own!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
doggiecookie

I can't see if the USB will connect with the computer because of course I can't charge the PB yet, but am pretty sure it won't connect anymore because that plug will not work on the PB itself.  I'm really dissappointed with the Playbook - how cheap can you be - have a USB port that snaps off so easily.  I usually kept my playbook plugged in all the time while I used it because it was convenient - didn't unplug it or plug it in often - only lasted less than a year!!!  I'm not very impressed.  I bought it mostly to read books on - but ended up playing games on it and just always kept it plugged in.  Didn't get moved around a lot either - so can't understand how it broke off.  I unplug my phone every morning and plug it in every night and have not have this problem with it.  Just the Playbook!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Carrier: none at present

With the USB plugged in all the time and you having it picked up or moving around on a flat surface, there is pressure put on the usb plug from twisting this way and that. and eventually, even like a coat hanger, if you bend it back and forth enough, it will snap off..Dont know why you would leave it plugged in all the time anyhow

Gene
Please use plain text.