Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Murundum
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Claro

Charging troubles

Hi guys

I have a PlayBook 32GB since 2011 . Since then I never had any kind of troubles with this very device but lately I am experiencing a charging issue. Every other charging attempt using BlackBerry PlayBook official charger the device doesn´t charges properly and the screen shows up some horizontal stripes. When I re-start it (1 or 2 times max) the tablet keep charging again and the horizontal stripes disappear. It is iteresting that this issue shows up in about 50% of the charging attempts. I switched to my Bold 9900 charger and the problems is still happening.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Charging troubles

I had that happen once. I attributed the problem to a voltage problem in the area where I was at the time. I think the supply voltage to my cottage was much lower than it usually is. It had only happened once.
Is the possible the voltage supplying you home unstable? Have you ever had any problems with other electronic devices?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Murundum
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Claro

Thanks for your reply. In fact this issue happened in two different cities. Can this be a software issue?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

I would think a hardware problem rather than software.
Please use plain text.