Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
vader7071
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Check for updates - same version

Is there a new version?  I have been checking ( v 1.0.1.1690) using the "Software Updates" and it says you currently have the latest software installed.  I have been noticing other version numbers as well, all higher than mine.

- When life hands you lemons, find someone with a paper cut.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Beebolini
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Forgot to mention - it prompted me for this update with the symbol near the top right.

I would take a screen shot, but the screen shot shortcut is not working.  That's one of the other issues I'm having, but I posted about that in a separate thread...

Please use plain text.
kgr
Contributor
kgr
My Device: Where do I start? ;)

I'm having this exact same issue. On the initial update at the time of setup, it downloaded a 247MB update to 1690. That in itself took several tries. Now, several times over the past day and a half - its entire life so far - its been telling me there is a software update available - to 1690 (the same) and the size is only 4MB. Each time I proceed with it and it goes through the entire install process, prompting me to download, then install, and finally reboot. Upon boot up, the same update is available. I have tried this process on several different WiFi connections, and tethered to my 9780, and I think even to my N8.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to manually wipe the OS and reload it like a BB smartphone?

Ken

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

to wipe

go to Settings > Security > Security Wipe, type in blackberry, and tap the Wipe Data button

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Beebolini

Just happened yet again.  Same version.  1.0.1.1690

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Beebolini

OK, so things have changed a bit, but same results.

This morning, the tablet was updated to version 1.0.1.1710

It took a few hours, but sure enough, the update icon appeared at the top of the screen, and offered the same version.

This is growing old.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sf18443
My Device: Bold 9930, PlayBook, and Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

It happens if you delete an app like NFB .  Go ahead try it! Delete NFB then check for updates :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TSP001
My Device: Playbook

Beebolini and others with same problem,

Try checking for updates in the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

*Let me know if it works.

Thank You!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Beebolini

sf18443 wrote:

It happens if you delete an app like NFB .  Go ahead try it! Delete NFB then check for updates :smileyhappy:

CORRECT!  I tried deleting Slacker Radio (for the 500th time), and checked for updates.  None were available through the desktop software or the in-device Software Updates.

As soon as I deleted the NFB app though, I checked again immediately, and voila!  A new version of the software is available - same version as I had.

Wow.  This sucks.  Not only can you not HIDE apps you don't want, but the device seems to insist on re-installing them right away as soon as you delete them!

Thanks sf18443 - this is likely the cause of the problem!

So Blackberry folks.  Fix please!  Please give us the ability to nix apps like Slacker Radio that we do not want!

Please use plain text.