Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: TOT

Chose wrong language while initializing - cannot go on

When opening my playbook for the very first time I got my finger on the wrong language. As the tablet is in the initializing mode I cannot open any  menu to change the language, so that i can continue in my own language. How can I cancel the wrong start and start from the beginning? 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Chose wrong language while initializing - cannot go on

Hello rufk,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet language setting.

Have you attempted swiping on the bottom of the screen to go back? What happens when you do?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hello FB,

thank you for this first suggestion, but wiping does not work. In this phase the tablet does not seem to accept anything - it seems to be programmed to force its initialilzation like a bloodhound follows the trail or like a missile sticks to the target. I also have shut down several times, but this monster remembers the last step and continues exactly there. The programmers probably thought, mistakes can be corrected later, and changes can be made then. But if you don't understand the language.....I have never come across a process so far that could not be interrupted. Thanks a lot for trying, anyway!  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dont do the backup part but this will get you back to factory state

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

thanks a lot for those detailed instructions; they sound promising on the one hand, but I have to ask you first, if you did not misunderstand my situation. I'm afraid so, because you speak of a backup and the disadavantage of loosing my apps. The playbook, however, is in absolutely pristine and virgin state, has never been opened before, so there is nothing to be backed up. Does your suggestion work in this case at all? All I would have to do and all I can do is to start much later in your list of actions: Open the desktop software on the PC, connect the playbook to the computer (turn it on? that step was missing) and I should see an error screen....  Might it work this way, too?

New Contributor

I have already tried. The software can see the tablet with the correct pin, but cannot establish a contact, probably because it is in a PRENATAL state (=has not yet been activated) and I get an endless loop: Unplug the tablet and connect again and so on....

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

Ok Knotty gave a standard Debrick procedure. You are supposed to have the savvy to follow the instructions but miss out the backup steps. If you follow the procedure, particularly the bit that says playbook must be OFF before connecting to pc, it will not ask for a PIN or anything else. It is supposed to fail, that's how it initiates a debrick.

Turn off by holding power button down for 20 seconds before connecting.

________
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook tablet, bold 9790
My Carrier: Mobily

The easiest way to fix your problem is to continue with initializing process to the end then when the process complete 

And you have access to your device it will prompt you to update, don't,  but isteade try to locate the "security wipe" option, which is THE FIFTH CHOICE OF THE SECURITY MENU (the security menu is on the option sliding menu)

This will format your device, then start over again