Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

eag
New Contributor
eag
My Device: Playbook OS 2.1
Accepted Solution

Compass shows opposite direction

The built-in compass on my Playbook shows the opposite to the real direction (i.e., shows south for north, east for west, etc) The compasses in the navigation app and the sky app I downloaded also show the opposite direction, but  I downloaded a simple compass app and it shows the proper direction. The Playbook's GPS works. How do I calibrate the built-in compass so it shows the correct direction? I have tried pressing "Reset" several times but it makes no difference.

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Compass shows opposite direction

You have a built in Compass?? What playbook and what os do you have?

________
eag
New Contributor
eag

I'm referring to the magnetometer. Playbook 16 GB OS2.1. The on-screen compass I was referring to where I tried to reset may be part of the "What's Up" app rather that coming from Playbook. As I said, this app and "Navigator" both show the opposite to the correct direction, while the "Compass" app is correct, based on sun position.

Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

With "Whats up" don't you have to spin the playbook around both it's axis after using the reset button to recalibrate it.

eag
New Contributor
eag

Thank you!!! I never saw that direction anywhere. The compass is now correct in both "What's Up" and "Navigator".