Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

f2
Contributor
f2
My Device: Playbook

Complaints about upgrade

[ Edited ]

It is interesting that this is NOT an official BB/Rim support forum.  Since when you visit:

http://us.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/

And then Click Support and then Forums on their Dropdown, you wind up here.

So other than calling, not financially rewarding after 90 days, is there any way to contact rim about problems?  I know their email address:

Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com

Gets and auto-reply that says you have to call them. 

Kind of circular and pretty useless.

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

f2
Contributor
f2
My Device: Playbook

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

Replying to myself:

For instance, there is still a bug in the Native Calendar.  You canNOT set a Snooze time for 15 minutes.  It will revert back to whatever Snooze Time you previously set.  Actually, I reported this bug directly in that Open Chat that what's his name had here a while ago. 

It is still there and maybe I'd like to inform them.  But to pay to report a bug, seems, well, wasteful on my end of things.

Contributor
mskiier
My Device: PLaybook and Torch

I returned my full price Playbook when they first came out due to the support being an absolute joke. Good luck getting bounced around the globe from one call centre to the next.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

mskiier wrote:
I returned my full price Playbook when they first came out due to the support being an absolute joke. Good luck getting bounced around the globe from one call centre to the next.

So being you returned your full price playbook why complain.  You got your money back.  As. Far as support I find them fantastic.  They helped out with good solutions.

These forums are a community not rim.  Peer to peer.  Sometimes you will see a technical advisor from RIM but that is rare.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox

Re: Complaints about upgrade

So who are the technical advisors on this board?
We could send them suggestions and bug finds.
Sure the support is great for 90 days, but when that is over you are hooped.
I feel it would be in rims best interest to spend more time monitoring this board to help out users with problems, instead of having them buy the device and making them pay for tech support for issues that are clearly rims fault ie updates that go south front end/backend).
Also having an official rim presence could keep this board a little more civil and professional.
Not all users have English as their first language, I find some comments left for them on this forum to be immature to ignorant.
Rim is multinational therefore products are sole around the world. Do you really think that if there were an official rim presence users would be getting lipped off too as they seem to be some times?

In short(too late) who do we get in contact with?