Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bcole
My Device: blackberry playbook

Connected to wifi but cannot access internet

i am connected to my wifi but can not connect to the internet. email says server is offline but i am showing connected also cannot  access any websites any help

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Connected to wifi but cannot access internet

[ Edited ]

bcole wrote:

i am connected to my wifi but can not connect to the internet. email says server is offline but i am showing connected also cannot  access any websites any help

Do you have any other devices on your network that can connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi? If they work and your PB doesn't then we know it's something on your PlayBook. From there your options are to delete your network settings and reset up a connection. Ensure your network slider is turned to on (is green). Start with the most basic thing and work your way up to setting up a new network connection setting.

These docs will help you. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Connect_to_Wi-Fi_1246746_11.jsp

Especially the troubleshooting tips: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Cannot_connect_to_Wi-Fi_1394951_11...

Look at the topics on the left hand side to help troubleshoot your connection under Connections and Wi-Fi. Those documents are a worthwhile read. They're not too technical and you'll learn a lot!

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Connected to wifi but cannot access internet

chaosdivine wrote:

Do you have any other devices on your network that can connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi? If they work and your PB doesn't then we know it's something on your PlayBook  [edit]

...or simply a setting on the router that Playbook does not like, such as (WPA+WPA2), or TKIP or WEP on wireless N.  Playbook wifi is certified to the latest spec and not all routers are. 

I suggest you change encryption to WPA on wireless G or WPA2 on wireless N, with encryption type AES. That will work on all your other devices too.