Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
DavidKW
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMobile
Accepted Solution

Connecting camera to Playbook - revisited

Having closed down the previous discussion on this, I did a bit more research and came across a USB to micro-USB adaptor:

http://www.everydaysource.com/product/usb-2-0-a-to-micro-b-female-male-adapter/81070?esprcgsukdtf130...

is there any reason why I cannot use this to connect my video camera to the Playbook, and then use the Playbook's file manager to transfer the video and photo files to the Playbook for viewing?

Again, thank you very much in anticipation.

David W

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Connecting camera to Playbook - revisited

Yes, the best reason of all. It will not work.

In this OS there is no USB hosting support. 

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMobile

I suspected as much, else someone would have suggested it in response to my earlier enquiry. Seems strange to me. I've done just this with a similar connector with a Samsung, and I just cannot understand why manufacturers would produce a device lacking such an obvious facility, when it clearly could be done. Anyway, ours not to reason why; ours just to go off and buy a rival tablet instead. Pity. Thank you very much for the prompt and clear response. David W
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Because you would need to provide power to the USB port in many cases.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.