Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

robert4442
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Connecting to files on my playbook

I have the lastest blackberry decktop software installed. I am able to backup to playbook but it will not allow me to access the files or media or anything else on the playbook. It tells me that it has no connection. On the playbook the screen shows the two green arrows between the plybook and the computer icons and it tells me it is connected to the computer. What do I do now to access the files of the playbook.

Please use plain text.
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Connecting to files on my playbook

Hey robert4442,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon, Select Storage and Sharing, turn File Sharing On. Then review the following article on how to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, I would suggest using the the File Sharing with a Windows PC via USB connection option:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Connecting to files on my playbook

Also try out the wifi option. Can't do automated backup or sync but file copy of one or two files is very convenient.

If your ip address changes often, in place of ip address try Tablet Network name ( Settings, storage and sharing, network id, properties. )