Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: Rogers

Contacts, Calandar & Notes - Syncronize between PC or Curve 9900 and Playbook

Should I be able to synchronize contacts, calandar and notes from my PC or BB Curve 9900 to my Playbook with

OS 2.1.0.1753?

If so, how do I do it?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook os
My Carrier: t.mobile

Re: Contacts,dd Calandar & Notes - Syncronize between PC or Curve 9900 and Playbook

Download from black berry. Compare it works I did it. You go to your email and download. 

New Contributor

Re: Contacts,dd Calandar & Notes - Syncronize between PC or Curve 9900 and Playbook

Many thanks for your suggestion, but I'm still stuck.

All my contacts are on my BB Curve from Outlook, not from an account such as gmail, yahoo or hotmail...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

frankroyle wrote:

Many thanks for your suggestion, but I'm still stuck.

All my contacts are on my BB Curve from Outlook, not from an account such as gmail, yahoo or hotmail...

Microsoft Office Outlook can not be directly sync with the PlayBook, what you can do is to install the connector for Outlook.com (ex-Hotmail), and from there you can copy your contact and calendar from Office Outlook to Outlook.com, and then just add this account to your PlayBook and everything will be sync

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

Many thanks for your suggestion, Martin. I did as you suggested, but I'm still stuck.

I think the reason is because I don't use Out;look.com as my provider.

All my contacts are in Outlook on my PC which was a requirement when I first started using BlackBerry phones.

I'm glad your enjoying the Z10 and Playbook!

Forums Advisor III

frankroyle wrote:

Many thanks for your suggestion, Martin. I did as you suggested, but I'm still stuck.

I think the reason is because I don't use Out;look.com as my provider.

All my contacts are in Outlook on my PC which was a requirement when I first started using BlackBerry phones.

I'm glad your enjoying the Z10 and Playbook!

I was talking about Outlook.com because it is the easier to make it work with Office Outlook, but you can use gmail, yahoo mail or any other mail system that offer either CARDDAV/CALDAV or Active Sync, alot of them can be configure to work with Office Outlook as well as PlayBook and BB10 devices

Martin
Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook os
My Carrier: t.mobile

Re: Contacts, Calandar & Notes - Syncronize between PC or Curve 9900 and Playbook

Go bb..com and download. 

Forums Advisor III

Re: Contacts, Calandar & Notes - Syncronize between PC or Curve 9900 and Playbook

wepsr60 wrote:

Go bb..com and download. 

You can not sync calendar and contact directly form a PC to the PlayBook in any direction, the only way is to use a server based sync (CARDDAV, CALDAV, Active Sync) with both the computer and the PlayBook to sync them

BTW I use both the BlackBerry Desktop, and BlackBerry Link, for both of my PlayBook, and I also have a Bold9900 and a Z10, and only the phones can be sync directly

Martin