Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
JBRY46
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Copy emailed picture into Playbook Picture folder

Sure would appreciate if you could tell me how to copy an emailed picture into my Playbook Pictures file.  I have clicked on the picture and it says "Open and Save" but I can't find where or if it copied it.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Copy emailed picture into Playbook Picture folder

[ Edited ]

Install from App World the free file manager AIR Browser.  Use it to look in Downloads folder, if it is there move or copy it to Photos folder.

The included so-called "file manager" has no access to downloads. The downloads folder will get bigger and bigger if you don't clear it out with a third party file manager. 

Thanks alot.  Will try it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

If you tap the Pictures Icon, it will open the Picture Album. There should be a folder marked "Download". Tap it and the picture should be in that folder.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBRY46

Thanks for your input.  Unfortunately mine doesn't have a folder other than "all pictures"  and "wallpaper".  I have also tried Air Browzer but it didn't work for me either.  I am used to my iPad that makes the transfer seamlessly.   I am trying the email transfer because my computer won't recognize our Playbook for picture or music transfer purposes.  It will connect it and allow BB Desktop to back up the Playbook but that is as far as it will let me go.  I am working with BB support to try to resolve that issue.  So far no success.

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
beavertail
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Is there a way to move the pictures from the download folder to other folder? Is there a way to create a folder inside get Picture? Or you have to do it with a third party file manager? 

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

jarviser wrote:

Install from App World the free file manager AIR Browser.  Use it to look in Downloads folder, if it is there move or copy it to Photos folder.

The included so-called "file manager" has no access to downloads. The downloads folder will get bigger and bigger if you don't clear it out with a third party file manager. 

It is quite clear what I said.

[ Edited ]

JBRY46 wrote:

Thanks for your input.  Unfortunately mine doesn't have a folder other than "all pictures"  and "wallpaper".  I have also tried Air Browzer but it didn't work for me either.  I am used to my iPad that makes the transfer seamlessly.   I am trying the email transfer because my computer won't recognize our Playbook for picture or music transfer purposes.  It will connect it and allow BB Desktop to back up the Playbook but that is as far as it will let me go.  I am working with BB support to try to resolve that issue.  So far no success.

Thanks for your help

I would hardly describe having to use itunes to move photos seamless. You can easily drag and drop photos with Playbook using wifi sharing.  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068  You didn't ask that question originally, it specifically asked about email copies. 

99% of problems with USB connectivity is the fault of Windows and drivers, not Blackberry.  Macs seem to have no problems.

Keep cable for emergency debrick, embrace the wifi drag n drop freedom that Playbook gives you where ipad prohibits, and try to think away from the ipad obsession with 30 pin connectivity and proprietary software.