Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: All
Accepted Solution

Corrupt OS and wifi issues?

Hi, I just got a Playbook and I was using the Desktop Manager to install the latest OS version. However, I think it disconnected partway through because now the machine won't detect any wifi, nor will it take a manually entered wifi profile. Also when I go to the Hardware section of the About tab in the main menu it reads that; Total storage is 0, total memory is 0 but gives reasonable amounts for free storage and free memory. I tried a security wipe, but I still can't access wifi to get an update. I am now trying to get an OS version via the Desktop manager but it says its getting the info from: "com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.debrick" and the progress bar is progressing impossibly slowly. I have a slow connection; around 300 Kbps but I should at least be showing some progress. Does any one have any ideas?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Corrupt OS and wifi issues?

If you have reached the point where you see the desktop manager with that magical file name include the word "debrick" then you are at the right point. It's working. If your connection is slow, be patient.  The first time I did an update from a hotel over wifi it took 1hr to download. Patience is a virtue... Don't unplug USB or cancel! 

New Contributor

Re: Corrupt OS and wifi issues?

that is what I figured, it's just horribly slow. Thanks for the help.