Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Could not activate this tablet (132353)

Well why don't you be proactive and suggest to them a question - "hey, is the PIN blocked by chance".

Look, if you're not going to try and proactively help yourself here to help them help you, especially after 552 posts with a status of Forums Adviser 1 then there's not a whole lot of hope I'm afraid. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude here but I have to point out the fact that your reluctance to read the thread I posted so you could relate and parrot your findings to telephone support person, is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

chaosdivine wrote:

Well why don't you be proactive and suggest to them a question - "hey, is the PIN blocked by chance".

Look, if you're not going to try and proactively help yourself here to help them help you, especially after 552 posts with a status of Forums Adviser 1 then there's not a whole lot of hope I'm afraid. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude here but I have to point out the fact that your reluctance to read the thread I posted so you could relate and parrot your findings to telephone support person, is very frustrating.

You are not being rude, but I do not use hacking with any of my electronic device including my computer, so for me to go on to a hacking web site is not even some thing that want to think about.

And why would the PIN be block, this is my own device that is just coming back from repair

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

rat-7 wrote:

chaosdivine wrote:

You are not being rude, but I do not use hacking with any of my electronic device including my computer, so for me to go on to a hacking web site is not even some thing that want to think about.

And why would the PIN be block, this is my own device that is just coming back from repair

Quote Fix for "Could not activate this tablet. (132353): I had called RIM regarding this issue. It would not let me activate two tablets we had at our store. Even after a hard reset.

Turns out, the PIN had been block on their end (they had told me it was placed in a "not shipped" status, so it was not active.

I had to take pictures of the inside of the empty playbook box (with the serial number and pin in it) and send the original receipt (mine was from a supplier, yours can be from the retailer)

They then reactivated the serial numbers and all was well.

No idea what the cause is, but it turned two unhappy coworkers into happy ones. I had to work my way up to third level support for that answer.
Crackberry is not a "hack site" by the way but an alternative method of obtaining useful news and information related to all things BlackBerry. It's an enthusiast website that has several million regular users...
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

crackberry word came from people being addicted to their BlackBerry like that of a crack addict

the site crackberry is not cracking anything but news about mobile devices. lot more ranting and flaming there but does have some good stuff too

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

By The Way chaosdivine that thing that sats Advisor or whatever I have no idea where that come from , I am very far from being any kind of advisor to any one.

I have just got off the phone with RIM, and they are now researching what the error is, and they will get back to me as soon as they find something. From what the tech was telling me is that for some reason the Playbook do get online but it is unable to communicate with what ever they use to activate and do the update on the Playbook

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.