Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
janlouis
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: MTC

Could not connect to update server

Hi,

i just got my BB Playbook. i started the initial setup. I am able to add my WiFi But when it is going to check for software update it is getting failed.

Error:  Could not connect to the update server. (3000) Please try changing the settings

I am trying again again for 4 hours :smileysad: i am really getting frustrated. Please help me out to resolve this issue.

Is it because I'm in Namibia and that it might not be supported here? Can't it be done through Desktop Manager?

Jan-Louis

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjream2
My Device: Playbook and Style
My Carrier: 6062313665

Re: Could not connect to update server

Same problem in middle of America. I believe the servers are overloaded?? Wish BB will tell us what is going on. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imtiazjamil
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Bought the PB 7hrs ago. I have been trying to update since then and getting this error :@ :@

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janlouis
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: MTC

If I try to ping any website I just got the following: "cannot resolve "google.com" (host name lookup failure)

Is this a problem at rim or on my end. Come on Guys please let us know what the problem is.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lennyj
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: virgin

spoken to blackberry support and they are aware of the problem repair/maintenance underway now

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjream2
My Device: Playbook and Style
My Carrier: 6062313665

That isn't on bb's end, that might be your wifi then. I can ping with mine. Don't type www and make sure your wifi is connecting correctly. 

Please use plain text.