Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Creating browser shortcuts on the playbook desktop

Is it possible to create a browser shortcut to a web page on the playbook desktop (in the All, Favorites section etc).  From the browser on my BB Torch, I can click the menu button, and select   "Add to home screen", but I don't see this functionality on the playbook. 

I also noticed that when creating a bookmark in the browser on the playbook, I can't see to find how you can rename the bookmark before saving it.  Just an example,  if you go to http://www.cnet.com and save the bookmark, the bookmark shows up on the bookmark screen with the text "Product reviews amd p.."   This is not very helpful, RIM please fix this.

Contributor
My Device: 9800, and Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Creating browser shortcuts on the playbook desktop

I am not an expert, having only been a PB owner for 96hrs.  but I don't think that is possible. 

8100, 8900, 9800, and Playbook owner
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Applications only appear on the "home screen" or any of the other categories. Bookmarks are specific to the browser. It is very easy to pull up bookmarks. Just press the "star" icon.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

I probably should have phrased it differently.  On my Blackberry Torch, I can go to a web page in the the browser, click on the menu button, then select "Add to home screen" which puts an icon on my home screen which points directly to the website.    I could save the page as a bookmark on my phone instead of creating an icon on my home screen, but I find it a lot easier just to click on the icon on my home screen which takes me to the page.

Instead of having to search through a lot of bookmarks in the browser, it would be a lot easier if RIM added the above functionality  to the playbook, similar to the way it is on the BB Torch and other Blackberries.