Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Kennywhiteberry
My Device: Storm 9500

Curious --- GMAIL Works with BLUETOOTH; YAHOO! MAIL [and others] DO NOT

I have a wi-fi only Playbook.

I am happy to accept that when I am not connected to wi-fi, Internet, apps and especially NATIVE e-mail will probably work only patchily, because the Bluetooth connection from the handset [mine is a Torch 9810] may be weakly powered, leading to slow Internet, etc.

[Note: I am not, repeat not, speaking here about BRIDGE E-MAIL ACCOUNTS. Those work fine. Native mail accounts only.] 

Now, on my PB, I have a number of e-mail accounts set up in the native e-mail client. [Not mirrored from my handset via bridge.]

So, when I am out and about, I get the usual error messages from these accounts telling me the server's not working and whatnot. Fair enough, Bluetooth is too weak to power them.

Except GMAIL.

My GMAIL account works flawlessly in the native e-mail app OVER BLUETOOTH. NO ERROR MESSAGES. EVER.

That's puzzling, at the same time as being promising.

I have experimented by removing all e-mail accounts [except GMAIL] and reinstalled them meticulously following the latest guidance from the providers.

But they still don't work over Bluetooth. Gmail does.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be so?

Thanks,

Ken

Contributor
Kennywhiteberry
My Device: Storm 9500

Re: Curious --- GMAIL Works with BLUETOOTH; YAHOO! MAIL [and others] DO NOT

No one has a comment at all? That's very disappointing.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Curious --- GMAIL Works with BLUETOOTH; YAHOO! MAIL [and others] DO NOT

I have a similar problem when I am using the bridge to get the internet, every thing work except for my Rogers e-mail, my Hotmail accounts are working through the bridge using the Playbook's e-mail program. 

I have no idea what Hotmail server are, but the Rogers are using POP3, so I am guessing now but for some reason POP3 can not work through the phone Internet .

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin