Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
darda
My Device: playbook

DDPB Installer

Can't connect playbook to DDPB Installer. Development mode turned on. In DDPB I have scanned and maually input IP address and input password but keep getting message that either IP address or password don't match. Help!!!!!!

Contributor
hutch0707
My Device: Playbook

Re: DDPB Installer

And couple of things to verify. One, make sure playbook is recognized by pc or mac. A good way you tell is to look and see if it shows up as a extra hard drive in file explorer on pc or finder on Mac. Second, verify password you are using is the one entered under storage and file sharing not the one entered under security settings. Of course file sharing should be turned on.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've never had to set a password for storage and file sharing to access the device with DDPB. Development mode requires a password be set under security. That is the one that should be used.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
darda

That is the password I have been using which I think is the same as my ID password.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try resetting the password on the Playbook and try again. Also, does the Playbook show up in My Computer as another drive?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
darda

Do I need both file sharing and development mode turned on even though I am connected using a USB cable?

New Contributor
darda

Yes the playbook shows up as a drive and how do I reset a password in development mode?

Guru I
John_Clark

I have file sharing and wifi sharing on and the password requirement for that turned off.

All I ever do is enable development mode, enter a password, and then connect to DDPB using scan for the IP and the password set in security.
Guru I
John_Clark

Reset the password under security.
New Contributor
darda

OK................I will try that. Thank you.