Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
fdsaevad
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

DOWNLOAD FAILS WHEN STANDBY TIMEOUT OCcures

... something wrong with the subject line..

bought 9mm, 950mb game.  i have to sit here and keep the playbook out of standby otherwise i get and installation error.    Also, for the instal which is just as lenghty as the dl.   Im not going to pay a buck for white noise, so i might as well come on here and bi 

Contributor
fdsaevad

Re: DOWNLOAD FAILS WHEN STANDBY TIMEOUT OCcures

Tch about it.  Otherwise I enjoy the playbook.   Wish I could plug something into it to run tunes off of, instead of having to spend on a wifi hd.    ...  Can't think of any jokes or I'd share right now

Contributor
fdsaevad

... Apparently this isn't the issue and I've just wasted half my life trying to install a one dollar game.   Should I waste my last remaining half of my life trying to get my dollar back.   Error 0008.

Couldve taken up yoga or started a new career.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Mine downloads when on standby, try a restart?

How much room do you have left?

Did you get 0008 prior to standby issue?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
fdsaevad

Did a hard boot, cleared a gig, thought that might of been it as I had only 1.4gb, so then I had 2.4 but this time I got an error 0007.  Don't remember any errors previous to this download.  Maybe I'll try clearing more for kicks, but I doubt it's the solution

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

a 1 gig game might need 2.5 gig of space since it needs to uncompress the data to install

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
fdsaevad

K ill checka checka checkit out

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I decided to get the game, my neighbor showed me on his droid phone

Download worked even when going into standby

Also started to install in standby

installed

Contributor
fdsaevad

Well, I guess that was it!  Thanks for hetrouble shooting everybody.   Cleared 3.5 gigs and it worked nice.  If somebody could pass on to mr rimm that his errors should be a little more specific it'd be appreciated.

Contributor
fdsaevad

Although, after the install there's still 2 gigs, but I guess it need room for temp files?   Regardless, now I have room for another game!