Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Dead Battery, PB will not Start

If you are having problems with a dead battery, a PB that won' t recharge or a PB that keeps shutting down, follow the procedure in the attachment to try and do a full recovery of your PLAYBOOK and it's battery.

It you have success or failure, please report back.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: orange

Re: Dead Battery, PB will not Start

thanks for this i am trying it now, ill let you know if it works
New Contributor

thanks for your info but for me it didnt work as i think my battery is dead. i tried what you said for the waking hours the best part of two days and the furthest i got was the changing coloured background.

the sequence was this before i tried your suggestion and this is wnat i am back to today == it turns on with a single push of the button the red light stays on for a few seconds then i get a red battery with a white flash through it, then to turn off i hold in for 15 seconds. 

after i did as you suggested, i had the solid red light that changed to the green one, then the PB logo then nothing once more, now iam back to square one with the red battery.

ive done as all on hte forum has suggested by upgradeing the OS and holding down the volume buttons but to no avail.

the annoying thing is that it was plugged into the mains and i was playing cards, as i was charging it to watch a film on an overnight ferry and it was just over 90%, when it turned itself off and nothing since.

thanks for your suggestions.

New Contributor

i forgot to say that its a 64g playbook that i bought just last october brand new.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Well if it was oct 2012 and you are in UK (guessing from Orange carrier) you have a warranty claim from your retailer. Insist on a replacement whatever they try to say.

In any case go to www.blackberry.com/playbook go to support and call them. Even in Europe they have sometimes taken tbem back to RIM for replacement.  

My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Your PlayBook is trying to boot up. But it stops at the colored balls, then shuts off. It is doing this because there is not enough juice to get the bootup completed. So plug it back in and leave it there for a day or more.
Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks L AT Sea ill try that now and get back to you
New Contributor

thats correct i bought it in the UK so it is ok untill october, otherwise ill get back to the shop and ask them as iam in france at the mo
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

jaybee1877 wrote:
thats correct i bought it in the UK so it is ok untill october, otherwise ill get back to the shop and ask them as iam in france at the mo

As this is a sensitive subject for RIM it's quite likely they will swap it out for you, but keep your consumer rights as plan B and insist if you have to use them. Don't ask them, tell them! Major chain stores are as guilty of trying to avoid their legal obligations as independants.

ok then, this is where i stand at the minute, basically nothing at all. its been on mains charge for nearly three whole days and all i have is the red battery with the white flash. i disconnected a couple of times then reconnected to the mains and still nothing. so it looks like its going back to RIM or in the bin.
thanks guys for your help,but i think its past repair.