Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 32gb, bold 9780

Dead Flat Playbook

Good Afternoon,

I've searched through this and other forums and haven't been able to find a solution but my issue appears to be slightly different. 

My 32gb unit is completely dead at this point.  I use the wall charger, the red light will come on for about 10 seconds and then fade off.  After that, the battery logo comes up with the lightning bolt and fades out.  Once faded, the green light comes on for about 10-15 seconds and fades off.  Finally the playbook logo comes up and stays solid on the screen with no other lights.  I have left it at that stage overnight a couple of times and the moment I pull the power from the wall it dies and will not boot up. 

Do I have any option short of returning this unit?  Has this scenario happened to others?  Let me know if you can help.  Thanks.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Dead Flat Playbook

Mine went a little different. When I plugged it into the wall charger, the red light would come on for about 15 seconds and then go out. I tried all the tricks (rebooting, stacked charging, charging overnight etc.) with no luck. Then I simply plugged it in until the red light went out. Then I disconnected the plug and then plugged it back in until the red light went out again. On the third try, the charge icon came up and then the green light came on and started charging. Don't know if that helps but it is something different to try.  Good luck.

New Contributor

*update*
still no luck with this. My last hope is going to be to try one of the Rapid chargers but I don't know if that will do anything different. If anyone else has ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Just plug it in, leave it until it charges fully. If it is totally dead, it starts recharging at a very low rate. It is controlled by software. You can try what donviggers suggested above. If it is connected to a power bar that has an On/Off switch, plug it in and flip the power bar switch off and on every couple of minutes. When it is on, it will charge initially at a high rate and then immediately drop down. Hopefully after repeating the process numerous times, the charger will stay on.
New Contributor

Have tried the stack charging and have tried leaving it plugged in for 4 days straight with no response as well.  Maybe it's time for a call to RIM or to bring it back to the store.