Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
whoang
My Device: Blackberry 10 - Dev Alpha B | Blackberry Playbook | Blackberry Torch 9810

Re: Dead PB. Not charging and no response to anything.

What was the issue and resolution in the end @nurd1 ?
William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nurd1
My Device: Q10 | Playbook | 9700

Hey all.

sorry was away for a while.

however i the device was sent to RIM and tested etc and returned. however they mentioned no problems was found.

however a lady from rim called me to check up on the issue and asked if the device could charge again.

I told her yes no problem charging the device as i now had bought the magnetic charger. then she said oh well those are the same rim use for testing the devices.

So it poped in my mind that maybe i should try to drain the whole thing and see if i could charge it.

And VOILA. the device charges regardless the battery level and how drained it has been with the magnetic charger.

however the regular wall charger cannot charge the device if the device level is below a certain percentage...

sorry for the late responce you guys. and once again many thanks to the people who tried to help!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

So if we send a PB to RIM with a will-not-charge-on-usb  they test it on mag socket and find no problem. Top tech team.

My Device: Q10 | Playbook | 9700

thats basically what happend for me!

Please use plain text.