Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Verizon

Dead Space App not working since Playbook 2.0 updgrade

Hey All,

For whatever reason, the Dead Space game I bought has stopped working ever since I upgraded to the 2.0 software on my Playbook. A little bit of relevant background information is that I actually bought the Dead Space app while I was in Europe for vacation and payed for it in Euros. I live in the US currently but when I try to reinstall or redownload the app it won't allow me to do so. It's like the App World never has acknowledged that I even purchased it. I still subsequently have my receipt from the purchase I made several months ago. Anybody know how I can get this app to work again?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Dead Space App not working since Playbook 2.0 updgrade

Did you try to uninstall the app and reinstall it.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

And have you updated it recently? There was an update before 2.0 was released that made it work.

What version of Dead Space is installed on your PlayBook?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Verizon

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but when I get to the blackberry app world it says that "This item is not currently supported by your current device profile." I think it has to do with the fact that I bought this from the European app store but no longer have access to that store. Strangely enough, since I've been back from Europe, the app hasn't suggested that I install any updates for it. Do any of you know how I can contact BlackBerry Apps World directly or do I need to contact EA?  

Thanks for your help!

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

That's your problem exactly.

Just call PlayBook support and you can have it refunded and then buy your local region.

And yes, this stops updates working too.

EACH seem to have different versions of games for different regions, and I had no updates for Monopoly as well.
John R

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!