Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
Accepted Solution

Delete web bookmark from home screen - HOW? Bug?

Now, the new version of the OS allows for saving a web page link as a bookmark on the home screen.  This is very nice, however, someone seems to have forgotten to add the code needed to delete these bookmarks. 

Again, this is in reference to putting the bookmark on the home screen, not the browser favorites.  I have no problem deleting bookmarks in the browser favorites.

So, who else has run into this and does anyone have a solution?  I have ten bookmarks on my home screen and I can not remove them (should have tested with only one to start, oops).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Delete web bookmark from home screen - HOW? Bug?

Hold your finger on the icon until it starts to move. Selecte the trash can next to the icon anf the the check in the upper left corner.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S

That does not work.  Again, this is on the home page, not the browser favorites.  On the home page I can delete applications, but not webpage bookmarks.  Clicking on the trash can does nothing.

It appears to be a bug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
obadaj1
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Bold 9700

i don't think it's a bug, i was able to delete a bookmark on my homescreen 3mins ago.

Hold down the bookmark until it starts to pulsate and then carefully touch the small trash can icon below with the tip of your finger, don't touch anything else. Your playbook will ask you to confirm that u want to delete the thingy, select the Delete button.

Kaboom!! its gone.

Jerome
----
If a post was helpful, please click the kudos star button below it.
If a post solved the problem you raised in your thread, click on 'Accept as Solution'.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful

Nope, there is a bug.  I added another bookmark and was able to delete it, however, I still cannot delete the first one I created.  Hhmm.  This is interesting.

Trying to recreate it with another bookmark.

New Contributor
vicshannon
My Device: Storm

actually, when you are on the bookmarks page, there is a little "pencil" icon in the upper right. click that and your bookmarked pages will get an "x" next to it.. that's how you delete.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

vanawful wrote:

Nope, there is a bug.  I added another bookmark and was able to delete it, however, I still cannot delete the first one I created.  Hhmm.  This is interesting.

I wonder what's the difference in your two browser bookmarks. There must be something different.

I have several browser shortcuts saved on my homescreen and all of them are deletable via the trashcan icon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
vanawful

[ Edited ]

@vicshannon: you are looking at the browser bookmark page.  I am referring to bookmarks that are added to the home screen.  I can delete some, but have one now that will not delete.  I can touch the trashcan to delete it all day long and it does nothing.  If I add another bookmark I can delete the new one, but the original one still will not delete..

@JSanders: are you able to delete all saved bookmarks from your home screen?  I can delete all except the last one.

Trusted Contributor
vanawful

AH HA!!! I figured out how to recreate it.  The bug is in the naming of the bookmark.

Try this:

1. bring up a web page in the browser. 
  2. Opt to save it to 'Add to Home Screen' to put a bookmark on the home screen.
  3. When the dialogue pops up to give it a name give it any name you want, however, make sure you start the name with ~
  4. Now go to the bookmark on the home screen and try to delete.  Bet you can't.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

vanawful wrote:

1. When the dialogue pops up to give it a name give it any name you want, however, make sure you start the name with ~
  2. Now go to the bookmark on the home screen and try to delete.  Bet you can't.

Well... as they say, "Don't do that!"

Interesting though. You wanna test what other symbols will create a permanent homescreen bookmark icon?

I don't. :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code