Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
brysonguptill
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Deleted calendar

I just downloaded the latest PlayBook update.   Much to my surprise, it deleted all the entries in my calendar.  Any way to bring these back?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Deleted calendar

Did you make a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Manager before the update? If not, then they're probably gone. Not sure why they would be gone, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

The local calendar entries have bwen reported before as volatile. I would never use them.

However if they are syncd calendar entries from hotmail, gmail, whatever, it can take ten minutes or so to sync after this upgrade.  Once syncd tbe email etc seems stable again. Did they come back?

Volatile?!  Synced?  If I had time to sync my Playbook to my BlackBerry, I wouldn't need my PlayBook!  As for linking to gmail calendar, I thought the whole point of having the calendar on the PlayBook was to use it as my one-stop destination.  How about another idea - that RIM sort out these issues BEFORE they send customers updates!

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It is always recommended to make a backup before updating anything. Install BlackBerry Desktop Software and make regular backups of your device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brysonguptill

Appreciate the lecture on protocol.  I'm a BlackBerry user, and shareholder, so when there's a glitch I think I have the right to comment about it.  As for the backup idea, I can't connect my PlayBook to my desktop, so the point is a little moot.  Any suggestions on how I do this without a USB port?  The only wire I received with my PlayBook was the wire that connects to the charger.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

We all have the right to comment.

I received a microUSB cable with my Playbook. You did not get one? Even if that is the case It is a standard, inexpensive cable that can be picked up at any electronics store.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brysonguptill

Thanks, John.  I didn't get the cable, but I will go out and get one.  I like the idea of backing things up, and I have enough stuff on my PlayBook now that I don't want to lose it.  I also have an older model BlackBerry which I can not sync through the bridge, but I'm planning to get a 9900 soon - I've bought two BB off Kijiji in the past few weeks - both for $80!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Good to hear. It's just a good idea to have the backups.

One thing to know going into the Bridge issue is that the data doesn't "sync" from Bridge. It is only "viewable" on the Playbook while bridged. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to sync the Playbook PIM data with Outlook which would give me the same data on the Playbook as is on my BB.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ScorpioBB
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Hi,

The problem is still not resolved.

Do I have to delete all accounts and set them up again? Has any one been able to do this successfully?

Please let me know

Thanks for all your help

Thanks
Anurag
Please use plain text.