Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

PBleeze
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: orange

Re: Deleted calendar

I think Blackberry should tell us how to get the info back.
Blackberry is very poor and need to help us out.
Like you I have lost all my calendar and am very upset
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I think BlackBerry should fix the problem so that the data doesn't get lost. However, the data is lost and there is no way they will be able to tell us how to get it back.

Making periodic backups, using cloud services such as hotmail, google, etc. is another way to make sure your data is never lost in the event of a lost device, corrupted device or an upgrade gone bad. Having data backups is something everyone should do in this day and age. You should do it on your Playbook, your BlackBerry, your iPhone, your Android, your Mac, your PC, your iPad, your thumbdrive, and any other piece of equipment that stores your data. NO device is immune from data loss, no, not even the iPhone.

While I understand the frustration of the lost data, and that the calendar data shouldn't have been lost, the complaint here is that the update deleted the data and it shouldn't. That is a legitimate complaint about the device. However, data that is lost due to not making backups is not RIM's fault. It is the individual user's fault.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
PBleeze

How can it be a users fault not to back up or is it a usres fault to rely on BlackBerry device? 

I can't say how disappointed I am with your reply saying it's a users fault for not backing up.

BlackBerry is very poor 

Please use plain text.
PBleeze

It was a blackberry back up at fault. 

Not user fault 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't work for RIM so I have no stake in this. My point is that you should keep your device backed up. The fact that it didn't backup and restore properly is definitely RIM's fault. If you made a manual backup that didn't restore I would say its RIM's fault. You need to backup your device, no matter what kind of device it is. If you lose it or its stolen you still lose your data If you don't make backups.

That being said, there is a problem with contacts/calendar items not being restored and, you're right, RIM needs to look into it and find a solution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
catfishwindsor
My Device: Playbook; Bold
My Carrier: 5192509844

absolutely agree.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
catfishwindsor

Ummm.  OK.  But as a relatively new user of the tablet, is it really MY FAULT if I download the latest version of software (no warning message to back up my data), and then find my contacts and calendar wiped clean?  Really?  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I answered this. Everyone should make backups regardless of whether you update oR not. What if you lose it? What if you drop it? The update SHOULD have restored it but it is unwise to not make backups. In this case, however, the backups aren't restoring. That is NOT your fault. It is unfortunate regardless of who is to "blame".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
catfishwindsor

Point taken.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ScorpioBB
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Hello,

Though I agree that the users should make a backup of the playbook data often (as many times that want it to be)..BUT there are a couple of issues with that as well,

a. the backup files are HUGE...almost 12GB and over

b. It take a long time to make backups (almost a couple of hours or more)..

I believe that BB/RIM should be able to able to provide a mechanism to upload data to a cloud etc. so that bringing that back is a whole lot easier.

This was and is all so simple with the BB phones.

Thanks

Anurag

Thanks
Anurag
Please use plain text.