Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Deleted calendar

Exactly. Harping on about backups is largely missing the point anyway. There are good reasons for doing backups. There are also good reasons why it might not be possible or convenient at any particular time. But when all said and done, backups are for recovering from unexpected disasters. The real points here are:

1. This should have been a safe update by people who know what they are doing.

2. We should have been able to trust them to do it properly.

3. If data needs to be backed up and restored, then the update should have done it automatically. Temporary files on storage would be perfectly appropriate.

4. If, for some very strange reason, RIM couldn't face doing this trivial operation, they should have have warned us so that every one of their users could have the honour and privilege of wasting their time doing it on their behalf. (In the end, it would still have been less wasted time than we're faced with now) 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Deleted calendar

I would also like the ability to sync to Outlook.  Even my Psion device from years ago was able to sync with Outlook so I can't understand why the Playbook cannot do the same.  I have tried using Google Calendar, but the syncing app is not compatible with the Playbook, only with a Blackberry phone, which I do not own.

Going back to the deleted calendar issue, this also happened to me.  I did have a backup, which I restored, however now  the calendar only the displays correctly in weekly view.  Where the screen is split, e.g. monthly view, the day data appears on the right but the left section which should display the month's calendar is blank.

This issue remained even  after the restore.