Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
JDBUG
My Device: Playbook

Deleted folder has deleted/hidden apps! Help

My son had created a folder on his playbook with all his game apps on which he had downloaded from App World.  Somehow he managed to delete this folder and instead of all the apps re-appearing on the home screen, they have completely gone.  He has restarted with no luck. If you look in app world / My World all the apps are there and have to option to uninstall but you can't open them from there.

I have checked in all directions on the home screen to make sure they are not off the page or anything.  Does anyone know where they may of gone and how to get them back?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

Re: Deleted folder has deleted/hidden apps! Help

[ Edited ]

It happens frequently and it is lways the children so far who have managed to do this. It's a secial skill only they have.

Check the My World Uninstalled list first. If not there, the quickest way is to backup data, perform a security wipe, then reinstate media data only, then reinstall apps from app world (uninstalled list)

Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Deleted folder has deleted/hidden apps! Help

if it is an AppWorld installed game or app then just uninstall from AppWorld and then reinstall and you should find the app launcher icon again on the main screen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.