Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

RJK
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Desktop 6.0.2.44 released

Just had this update come through.  Now allows me to do a full backup Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Desktop 6.0.2.44 released

Just got it as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

RJK
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gak, make that "allows me to do a backup provided I don't install any new apps"

Great, seems that I've installed another 20 apps since I posted that it worked, and now it doesn't Smiley Sad

This must be app (or size ?) specific, as the previous backup was 445Mb (and worked).  The new backup says it should be 678Mb, but fails.

RJK
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, done some more investigating

Bridge On/Off - Makes no difference
Bluetooth On/Off - Makes no difference
Wireless On/Off - Makes no difference
Media backup alone - Works
Settings backup alone - Works
Apps backup alone - Fails

Apps is 675.86Mb, and comprises 73 Apps. When it was under 450Mb (post above), it worked fine, so either

1) It's app specific (ie, one of the 73 apps already installed) or
2) It's size related (can't believe this would be the case, but if so, I'd be looking at a 512Mb or less backup working)

May try removing a load of apps, re-installing them one at a time, and taking it from there.

EDIT (1) - It's not size related.  Just removed NFS (all 343Mb of it), and the backup failed at under 207Mb.  Next step is to remove another 10 apps, and see if it's down to quantity (ie, less than 64 apps).  Final test will be remove all the recent stuff, and see when the backup fails to find out which app is the guilty one.

EDIT (2) - Ok, removed all my apps, and started to re-load.  The first guilty app that prevents backup is.......... (drum roll please)......... WeatherEye HD.  The moment I removed this, the PlayBook backs up.  Now re-installing other apps (back up to 53 apps, out of 73), and will see if any others cause problems.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ok let us know if it completes with out weather eye

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch
My Carrier: Att

any release notes on the desktop update?
Guru III
My Device:

not that i have seen yet

RJK
Contributor

In a word, no Smiley Sad Found more than one app that seems to cause issues & kill the backup. The weird thing is, I have backups that will restore, but then not backup again...... ?!?

For example, I have a 145Mb backup from earlier tonight, that I can restore, but then when I try to back it up again, wants to add another 30Mb to the new backup file. I'm missing something here, and I'm not sure what.

Now I can't quite work out now if it's an App problem, or a PB problem.

May go back to the drawing board, re-format the PB, and start again, but it's not an approach I'm looking forward to. Depends how my weekend looks Smiley Happy
Guru III
My Device:

let us know how it works please. i wiped my other play book already and not wanting to now on my new one

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch
My Carrier: Att

dreded wipe and reload Smiley Sad