Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
Accepted Solution

Desktop Folder

Hi,,

I have just started using folders on the Playbook desktop, and I have notice a weird behaviour, if I open the Bridge folder, as soon as I start one of the program inside it, it close and I am back to the desktop, but if I open a folder that I have created and then I start a program indise it, when ever I go back to the desktop, it is not there any more I am still inside the folder that I have opened to start the program

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: Desktop Folder

Hi Martin,

If your BlackBerry Bridge folder is in the quick launch dock - then it will close when you launch an app, as will any other folders.

However, any folders in the main application pane will stay open.

There is consistency. I think it makes sense this way as you cannot be sure which pane you're in if you've opened a folder form the dock rather than the navigation pane.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

cas118 wrote:
Hi Martin,

If your BlackBerry Bridge folder is in the quick launch dock - then it will close when you launch an app, as will any other folders.

However, any folders in the main application pane will stay open.

There is consistency. I think it makes sense this way as you cannot be sure which pane you're in if you've opened a folder form the dock rather than the navigation pane.

Ok but the only way that I found to get back to the desktop is to restart the Playbook, unless it is the Bridge folder

:-(

Martin
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

So can you not press the little 'x' in the top-left hand corner of the application pane?

Alternatively try and swipe diagonallly up from the BlackBerry logo at the bottom of your PlayBook.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

cas118 wrote:
So can you not press the little 'x' in the top-left hand corner of the application pane?

Alternatively try and swipe diagonallly up from the BlackBerry logo at the bottom of your PlayBook.

I do not see any X, but the diagonal swipe works very well to get me back to the desktop

Thanks John

Martin