Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
dcb618
My Device: Playbook

Detect a Playbook Connection?

My daughter has apparently lost the Blackberry Playbook we got for her last Christmas.

She used to carry it around with her ALL the time but, when I didn't see her with it, I didn't clue in immediately to the possibility that it may be missing.

Then she spent some time denying it was lost.

Finally, she admitted she lost it. She thinks she took it with her to gymnastics and then forgot it there. That was a while ago so I am pretty sure it is long gone. It has not turned up in any of the places it might be, and nobody has turned it in to Lost-and-Found. I suppose somebody is enjoying a free new Playbook. That, or it is truly lost, and mistakenly got thrown out with trash and is now decomposing in a landfill.

In any case, I am wondering:

is there any way to detect if somebody is using my daughter's Playbook?

For example, if I contact Blackberry with the serial number, or some other number, is there a way for the Tech Support group there to detect if this machine has ever connected with the Blackberry servers to update software, download a patch, download software, ---anything?  At this point, I have given up hope of ever getting it back, but I am curious to know if somebody is using it.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Detect a Playbook Connection?

Unfortunately, there is no way to track it. I feel for you, though. I just gave my 8 yr old one and she has been carrying it around EVERYWHERE! She loves it.

It might be worth picking up one on eBay as they are not that expensive anymore. I suggest putting a password on it that she can remember so that nobody can access her data. Following the example of her sisters and their cell phones, the first thing my daughter wanted to do was put a password on hers!

Sorry to hear...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!