Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Device sent back from repair is not working

About three weeks ago I sent a Playbook back for repair because I accidentaly dropped it and the screen was cracked, RIM RAMed the Playbook and they said that they replaced the screen and it was costing me $150.00 for the repair, every thing was fine up until I received it back.

When I received it I tried to use it, but it got stuck on the SOFTWARE UPDATE screen and it gave me the error: THE DEVICE CAN NOT BE ACTIVATED (132353), after many phone call and many debrick, and two (2) weeks after I received the Playbook, I was told that it was a new Playbook that they sent me (they lied to me when they said it was the same one), and now all they are saying is that they may RMA it again to test it (and charge for it), and most likely it will do the same thing when they sent it back to me

And to help every thing when I called I was told that the  reference number was closed two (2) weeks ago

BTW this is just to warn people that when they send Playbook for repair, the one they will receive back might not be functional at all

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Device sent back from repair is not working

Hi rat_7,

Please contact the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet support team. You can find the contact information here: http://bbry.lv/MgKtEp

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

FrankieS wrote:

Hi rat_7,

Please contact the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet support team. You can find the contact information here: http://bbry.lv/MgKtEp

Thanks.

Out of interest, why are Greece and Republic of Ireland still not shown? They are major European countries. 

________
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

FrankieS wrote:

Hi rat_7,

Thanks.

In case you have not notice, all that BlackBerry Playbook Support Team is willing to do is to test it, charge me for the test and then send it back to me without fixing it (I was told that I do not have to pay for the shipping). So calling BlackBerry Playbook Support Team in this case is a complete waste of time as they told me that all they would do is to test it

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.