Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
betamel
My Device: BB PlayBook 64GB

Display with strange colors or just stripes when resuming from stand-by

Hi,

I have a 64GB PB, about 7-8 months old.

Recently it started to not show the home screen when resuming from stand by using a swipe motion or the power button.

The display sometimes shows everything with strong yellow & green colors, but most of the times it just turns on the backlight and displays some faint gray vertical lines. The touch interface seems to still be working, as a darker vertical line moves along if I drag my finger horizontally on the screen. Pressing the power on  button will turn off the backlight, and pressing it again sometimes corrects the problem, sometimes not. I keep pressing it a few times and maybe the home screen displays.

Sometimes I have to press the power on with vol+- buttons and restart the PB to get the display working again.

Anyone else with this problem?

I think I will call support today.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Display with strange colors or just stripes when resuming from stand-by

sounds like a display issue and a call to support is needed

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
fredhollingsworth
My Device: Playbook

Mine has started doing the same thing. I have the same 64GB model. Mine has also started blinking (bright to dim, sometimes fast sometimes slow).  I've tried to contact support but can't login. When I click on the forgot my password link I get the message that my email is not known. When I go to the link for support where I had my power supply replaced I get the message that my PB doesn't qualify for Direct support.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

call support number again and choose option 4 (other) and ask for playbook warranty ( Not support )

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V