Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

leadpathfinder
My Device: Palybook
My Carrier: Rogers

Do I need a dataplan to connect to Wifi

Hi All I am planning to buy a blackberry playbook. I live in the UAE and do not use Blackberry service.

Do I need a blackberry service to connect to regular hotspot or Wifi or is it independent.

Can Blackberry Tablet work with MS Outlook or do I need to buy Blackberry Service again for this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

REgards

Pathfinder

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MaxxJag
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Do I need a dataplan to connect to Wifi

Not sure how it would work with Outlook but i assure you. that you don't need any sort of wireless plan or blackberry to get your playbook to wifi. Only the 3g/4g connection will, and only when using the 3g/4g.
MaxxWares.com
Current apps:
-BBOS 10-
MaxxTransit - Coming soon
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Do I need a dataplan to connect to Wifi

Email support is coming soon, for now it is just web mail or Bridge to a BlackBerry Smart phone.

if your country is listed here, app world will work.

http://www.blackberry.com/app_includes/devicesoftware/appworld/appworld_availability_en.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.