Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
hazanjo
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Docs to go emailing

Is there a way to email a sheets to go doc?  I find nothing in the tutorials on the website to answer this question.

Thanks,

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: Docs to go emailing

Files & Folders has an experimental feature that lets you send files via e-mail. It works with most major e-mail servers, but test it out with the trial version to be certain it works with yours. Besides e-mail it will also let you put your file up on Dropbox or Google Docs and even convert it to different formats.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

from your messages app select a new message.
Select attach, navigate to your sheet and select it an hit ok. waut for it to upload and then send.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
hazanjo

Thanks so much.  It seems that attaching a document isn't possible in gmail but it is in yahoo, so I'll use yahoo if I need to send an attachment.

Contributor
RESupplyCo
My Device: playbook

you can attach files to gmail by scrolling down to the bottom of the email list and clicking on "basic HTML". this will change it to more of a desktop look but it works flawlessly.

Contributor
hazanjo

Thanks so much.  This works!!!

Contributor
RESupplyCo
My Device: playbook

no problems buddy

Regular Contributor
gg99
My Device: playbook 16Gb

for those not knowing how to navigate quickly:
use the looking glass search icon to search for your sheet
if you sheet starts with smith, you tab the search icon and typethe word smith, it starts narrowing the choices as you type until you find what you want and proceed liek aadras said.

the very first time may take longer. subsequently, it's very quick and responsive