Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Cassystar
My Device: Playbook 64 G
My Carrier: not applicable

Downloaded apps (games)

Hello,

I bought a game and It is not in the homescreen. I checked My App world and it is there. How do I transfer the app to the homescreen so I can play it.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Downloaded apps (games)

[ Edited ]

Assuming you've bought this game through BlackBerry World, I'd personally try to start the BlackBerry World app again and delete (yes delete) the game installation itself (be sure to refresh your application listing) and then redownload it and reinstall it once more. Since the game purchase is logged as part of your BlackBerry ID account, you won't have to worry about losing the game permanently.

I am also assuming you've got the latest version of the PlayBook OS installed on your tablet (2.1.0.1526) which can be found under the gear like settings icon up by the battery power indicator in the top right corner of the screen and then under the About and OS Version headings. If this isn't the same number as I've indicated, then I'd upgrade to the latest OS version first and then delete the game and reinstall it from BlackBerry World as mentioned. By the way, long pressing (for a few seconds) on an icon will change it to allow deletion of the icon itself (and subsequently will delete the app/game installation also). It could be that by accident, this occured...

Please use plain text.