Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
boa06rr
My Device: Playbook Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T mobile

Downloaded playbook apps not showing up on playbook?

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of my dad, who like me has a playbook, but i live miles away so i've not been able to set it up for him, so this is a slightly garbeled message from him:

When he got the playbook he did all the inital signing up (he doesnt have a blackberry phone, just the playbook) and as far as he is aware he signed up for a blackberry account. He is able to go onto the app world and download apps, which go into the 'My World' section and have a delete opeion etc. So to me it sounds like he is logged in and can download.

However, they arent showing up on the playbook? With mine I download them and then they appear with all the icons on the bottom screen, but his are nowhere to be found?

Has anyone come across this or got any suggestions?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbpbnewbie
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Downloaded playbook apps not showing up on playbook?

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem, when I look in AppWorld - My World the new App(s) show up as Installed (with option of Delete) but when I go back to the Home Screen there is no Icon to start the new Application(s) just installed.

I supect it may be a Layer 8 problem; any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ripplestone
My Device: Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0.0.7971
My Carrier: T-mobile

I am also having the same problem. I don't have a blackberry phone, but I do have the playbook. Brand new. I just posted the same question with screenshots, before I saw this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Playbook-App-World-Apps-not-showing-up/td...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbpbnewbie

Hello.

I have found another post about this same problem but no solutions have been suggested.

\http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Downloaded-Apps-do-not-appear-on-home-scr...

Since my last post, I have done a Security Wipe, went through the OS upgrade, but after downloading and installing an App from AppWorld it still does not show on the Home Screen, even though it looks like it installed properly.

Based on the number of people reading the Posts it looks like quite a few are having this problem.

If anyone has the solution or even a suggestion on how to debug this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbpbnewbie

OOPS,

I feel real intelligent right about now!

The icons were there all along on the first page of the Home Screen where all the App Icons are kept.

All I had to do (on that first page) was to scroll down to the bottom of the Page to see the newly installed Apps.

This solved my problem, which turned out to be a Layer 8 issue as suspected.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ripplestone
My Device: Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0.0.7971
My Carrier: T-mobile

@bbpbnewbie Thanks for pointing that out!  That solved it for me too.   I bet tons of people will be making that mistake, and hope that they adjust the future versions so that new icons arn't hidden. We just need a clue. It is not intuitive only because it apeared that you need to scroll right to find more icons, not down.

Thanks again for posting the solution when you found it. I'll start using it again now. :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anke
My Device: playbook

[ Edited ]

@bbpbnewbie Haha I feel even more intelligent than you - I could have sworn I already tried scrolling downwards without finding anything :smileytongue:

However, I humbly submit that Layer 8 is functioning just fine across numerous devices (as evidenced by the abundance of similar reports) and that the problematic layers are the ones for design and for notifications to Layer 8 ;-)

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Who would have thought of scrolling. Some posters didn't read the user manual.. All of the posters who didn't scroll will get a public flogging.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anke
My Device: playbook

@aandras, guess where I found the user manual? ;-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
im-obiwan
My Device: Playbook OS 2.0.0.7971
My Carrier: Shaw

:Clap: I'm sorry but I just had to comment!  My husband and I both bought BB Playbooks and we both had this very same problem.  It was really funny to see that we weren't the only electronically challenged people in the world:Rolleyes:  So now we all know to just scroll down on the home screen...simple once you know but really, how would you know?  Glad so many people figured it out and were willing to help. 

Please use plain text.