Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
SlaKir
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
Accepted Solution

Drag and drop

Hello,

I transferred several contacts from Outlook on my PC onto PB/Network Drive with a simple drag and drop technique. I put them in Documents folder of BB PB on my PC, but I cannot find them on BB PB. They are neither in Docs nor File Manager folders.

Is it possible to transfer contacts this way, or I need Software 7.1 for PC?

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Drag and drop

SlaKir wrote:

Hello,

I transferred several contacts from Outlook on my PC onto PB/Network Drive with a simple drag and drop technique. I put them in Documents folder of BB PB on my PC, but I cannot find them on BB PB. They are neither in Docs nor File Manager folders.

Is it possible to transfer contacts this way, or I need Software 7.1 for PC?

What type of documents are you transfering to the Playbook, the file manager of the Playbook is very limited as to the type of file it can see, I would strongly suggest that you use another file manager for the Playbook, AirBrowser (free) is very good, and there are other that are payware available in the AppWorld

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I don't think you can drag and drop from Outlook. If you want your outlook contacts transferred, there is a utility in Outlook that you must use. However you can synch Outlook with Messages on the PlayBook and the contacts will transfer over.
Regular Contributor
SlaKir
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Thank you for your reply. I will download AirBrowser.