Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kevinkhu5
My Device: BB9900 and 16GB Playbook

DropBox File Management and Sharing

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of an app or way to use DropBox or something like it - BUT instead of having to download the file onto my playbook, is there a way to open a word document on the server, edit it on the server?

I'm trying to find something so that I don't have to keep downloading files, making my changes and then re uploading it back into the cloud server.

Any tips would be great!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: DropBox File Management and Sharing

With Files & Folders you can open a file online from Google Docs...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kevinkhu5

Thanks!

But can I open the file and edit the file and save back directly onto Google's server and bypass the step of saving to the pb first?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

[ Edited ]

With Google Docs, yes you can. When you tap the file and then tap Open online, Files & Folders starts a web browser with the relevant file open in Google Docs. Just edit it there and tap Save. The file will need to be in Google Docs format for it to be editable.

The Download and open button will download the file to your Playbook and open it, but you'll need to copy the file back to the cloud if you make any changes.

We're working on a feature that will let you open, edit locally and save files directly to/from the cloud, but that is still in development and requires some NDK magic.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
rbv
New Contributor
rbv
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kevinkhu5

Thanks!

Just making sure you're refering to FIles and Folders right? Because I already have it so it would just come in a later update right?

Thanks so much everyone!

Please use plain text.